If you are missing something or have questions, please don't hestitate to contact us.
Be aware, that there are different software versions in MAGIC. These instructions refer to Mars - CheObs ed. and the database in Würzburg.
Analysis Step by Step
- Getting Started : installing Mars, some condor, ...
- Data Flow, Data Structure : information on the data flow, data structure, ...
- Calibration : information how to calibrate data by running callisto and merpp
- Calculation of Image Parameter : information how to do the calculation of image parameter by running star
- Dataquality : information on data quality, data check and data selection
- Background Suppression : information how to do the background suppression by running ganymed
- Spectrum : information how to produce a spectrum by running sponde
- Light Curve : information how to make a light curve
- The data is processed automatically in the data center. This automatic analysis provides you the output of callisto and star. Therefore you need to run these programs only in exceptional cases.
- How to do a fast (crosscheck) analysis...
- How to analyse sumtrigger data explains how to find out, if your data is sumtrigger data and gives hints for the analysis.
- How to do a low energy analysis...
- How to correct the effect of calima in the analysis... gives an introduction to the phenomenon of calima, the measurements of atmospheric absorption on La Palma and presents, how you can handle it, when your data or part of it are affected by calima.
- How to click trough events - in case, you want to check your data on event basis (e.g. to check if there is a car or in case of strange events).
- How to plot image parameters - to check for strange events (e.g. spark events), to develop or visualize cuts, to study interdependency of parameters, to get a feeling for image parameters, ...
Tools & Useful Information
- Analysis Workshops
- Database Websites
- Database Tutorial
- Tutorial for some Macros in Mars
- To determine the PSF for your MC data set, you have to take into account the additional spot size.
- Missing files for automatic processing
- Changes in the Telescope Performance
- Data with Problems
- Difficulties with run naming convention after M2 implementation
- Shift Reports: http://wwwmagic.mppmu.mpg.de/operations/index.html#reports
- Daily Checks: http://magic.pic.es/dailycheck.html
- Magic Weather Station: http://magic.uab.es/gfr-uab/Weather (Online and Archive)